Summer is here and in full swing! Summer time hair styles call for long locks, full braids, and a plethora of messy buns, making your clip in hair extensions your favorite summer accessory.
The heat, dry weather, and constant use can wreak havoc on your hair extensions. To help you combat this issue and keep your extensions healthy throughout the entire year, follow our summer hair extension care tips below.
1. Never use salt spray on them. We know that surfy, beachy waves are oh so gorgeous and you want to use your extensions to mimic the look but using salt spray on your hair extensions is a huge nono. The alcohol contained in salt spray will only serve to dry out your extensions causing them to become tangled and matted...definitely not a good look.
2. Do not get your hair extensions wet. Yes, we understand that this may seem a little odd but seriously, chlorine and salt water will play absolute havoc with your extensions and will result in dishevelled hair extensions
3. Routinely Deep Condition Your Extensions.Heat and dry weather can naturally wear down your clip in extensions. By regularly deep conditioning your extensions, you can increase their overall lifespan.
4. After you have removed your hair extensions, dampen them. Once completely wet, apply a generous amount of deep conditioner starting at the end of the hair. You can let this sit overnight and wash in the morning, or wrap extensions in a shower cap and blow dry warm air for about an hour. This will help open the cuticle and let the hair soak in the conditioner.
5. Keep them nourished and moisturized. If you’re going to be wearing your hair extensions out and about, you need to make sure that they’re protected from UV rays if you want them to stay looking their best. Don’t go anywhere this summer without the RemySoft Silicone Coating Spritz as this will help to keep your hair extensions moisturized and hydrated.
6. Can play sports with hair extensions? We highly do not recommend that you do any physical activity with your extensions clipped in. Not only could the clips cause discomfort to your head with all the extra movement, but there is a high risk of the hair matting or tangling with your own hair due to sweat, moisture, or dirt. This can be damaging to the hair and your extensions may deteriorate faster.
7. Can swim with hair extensions? No, we do not recommend swimming with your extensions clipped in or getting them wet. Chlorine from swimming pools, salt from ocean water, and dirt in all bodies of water can be damaging to your hair extensions. Also, swimming with your extensions clipped in may lead to the extensions tangling with your natural hair, which can be damaging. If you would like to wear your extensions in the water, make sure to tie your hair up to avoid getting them wet.But you should take a risk of the damaged hair extensions.
Now good quality human hair extensions are offered by HJ WEAVE BEAUTY.You can buy your favorite products from its official store.The real human hair can last more than 8 months with your proper care.If you have better idea of caring the hair extensions in summer you can share us on the comment area below.Or if you have any problems you can consult HJ’s professional customer service.Thank you for your reading and sharing.